Would You Open The Link Appearing In This Tweet?
If yes, why? Because you’re curious? Because you trust it? I really hope not!
Never open a link in a tweet from someone you don’t know. Especially anyone who hasn’t bothered to upload an Avatar that you can recognise. Eggs are a dead giveaway for scammers, spammers and people in hiding.
The only links I ever open are the;
- links I’m expecting
- those from someone I recognise.
If there isn’t an explanation along with the link, then I don’t open them. That doesn’t mean to say just ignore these messages. Just don’t let your curiosity take control.
Have a look at the person tweeting you.
- do they have an avatar?
- how many followers do they have?
- what does their profile say?
- do they even have a profile?
- how many tweets have they sent and received?
- what were the contents of those tweets?
- are they having discussions or just spamming?
Do your due diligence and check things out for yourself.
To find out more about how to protect yourself …LIKE and Follow my FB business page on www.facebook.com/ReadingFaces.
Come and learn how to protect yourself and how to Read People with accuracy. Feel free to post questions on my wall